Meet The Staff
We are a comprehensive care chiropractic clinic. We specialize in providing conservative chiropractic care to the most difficult cases and are Vero Beach's only I.C.A. Certified Spinal Trauma specialists. We offer Spinal Decompression for non-surgical care of herniated and degenerative discs and Cold Laser Therapy for carpal tunnel, sciatica, neck and shoulder and arthritic disorders.
Our doctors and staff are genuinely dedicated to patient service first. We are highly trained in all areas of practice and regularly attend training seminars to stay abreast of the latest developments in chiropractic. Our reputation in our community is one of superior patient care, yielding superior results. A full 83% of our new patients are referred to us by other satisfied patients who are confident in our doctors and staff. This high referral percentage ranks our office above 95% of clinics nationwide.
Dr. Christopher Stepanek, D.C., C.C.S.T.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Dr. Christopher Stepanek is a native of Vero Beach, Florida. His family has been located in the Indian River County area since 1959. He is married to Dr. Jennifer Stepanek, and they have two children.
- 1998 to present- Dr. Stepanek is in active private practice and owns Total Health of Vero Beach in downtown Vero Beach, Florida.
- 1993 to 1998- Dr. Stepanek practiced in Marietta, Georgia. He was the owner and senior doctor of Cobb Chiropractic Associates, a multi-doctor personal injury rehabilitation clinic.
Dr. Stepanek holds a spinal trauma certification. His C.C.S.T. credentials were awarded by the International Chiropractic Association in 1994. He has lectured on spinal trauma and soft tissue injury at Life University, School of Chiropractic and for the Georgia State Physiotherapy Certification Program. He has also taught post graduate seminars on Clinical Spinal Trauma Management, Soft Tissue Injury Neurology, and Principles of Soft Tissue Injury and Repair.
Dr. Stepanek is a member of the American Chiropractic Association and Florida Chiropractic Association. Dr. Stepanek is a June 1993 honors (cum laude) graduate from Life University, School of Chiropractic. He completed his pre-med undergraduate work in microbiology at the University of Florida in 1989, attended Indian River Community College in 1986-1988, and is an honors graduate from Vero Beach High School's class of 1980.
Dr. Jennifer Stepanek, D.C., C.N.S., D.A.C.B.NDoctor of Chiropractic Board Certified Nutrition Specialist
Dr. Jennifer Stepanek hails from Pittsfield, Mass and moved to Vero Beach in 1997.
- 1987-1991- Dr. Jennifer Stepanek graduated from St. Anselm College with a bachelor's degree in Mathematics.
- 1992-1995- Dr Jennifer Stepanek graduated with honors from Life University with her Doctorate of Chiropractic.
Dr. Jennifer Stepanek also holds a Board Certification in Nutrition by the American Clinical Board of Nutrition as well as being a Certified Nutrition Specialist. She has also received extensive training in Cold Laser Therapy and gentle Chiropractic technique. Dr. Jennifer Stepanek is a member of the American Chiropractic Association and the Florida Chiropractic Association and is a member of The Council on Nutrition.
Dr. Thomas A. Harmody, D.C.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Dr. Thomas Harmody is a native and resident of Vero Beach, Florida. His family has been in the area since 1954.
- 2004- Present- Dr. Harmody Currently practices at Total Health of Vero Beach
- 2000 to 2004- Dr. Harmody graduated with honors from the Texas Chiropractic College and became licensed to practice chiropractic in the state of Florida.
- 1997 to 2000- Dr. Harmody graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science with a minor in Chemistry.
- 1993 to 1995- Dr Harmody graduated from Vero Beach High School
Dr. Harmody uses his knowledge and experience playing sports his whole life in combination with chiropractic for use in the treatment of many sports injuries. He has had the privilege of serving on medical teams for the Houston Senior Olympics, World Handball Championships and many Speedo-sponsored Triathalons. Dr. Harmody is not only a chiropractor but has had extensive training in the use of Cold Laser for tissue regeneration and deep pressure soft tissue reeducation techniques. He uses these two tools and his experience as a golfer and baseball player to treat many types of athletic injuries. He has sat for and passed all five National Board Examinations and the state of Florida Chiropractic Board Examination. Dr. Harmody is a member of the Florida Chiropractic Association and the American Chiropractic Association.